Red capsicums have very high levels of vitamin C and yellow and green capsicums have almost as it has become a key element in many cuisines.
Planting Time –
Capsicum is a cool season crop and is planted from February onwards and up to May / June in the hills and cooler climes.
Seed rate –
I to I 1/2 kg seed is required for 1 hectare area.
Spacing of 90 x 60 x 60 cm in the paired row system, using ropes marked at 60 cm spacing.
Soil Requirement for Chili or Capsicum Cultivation Climate. The chili is a plant of tropical and sub-tropical region. It grows well in warm and humid climate and a temperature of 20 ºC to 25 ºC. Low moisture in soil during blossom development and fruit formation causes the bud, deblossom and fruit drops.
Integrated pest management –
- Select healthy seed plants.
- Make selections at the right interval.
- Management of nutrients based on soil, especially for organic fertilizers & organic fertilizers, should be used in the right quantities.
- Crop rotation by proper water management.
- Treatment of formulas as an inter crop for marigold & planting.
Fertilizers and Management –
A basal fertilizer dose of 20:25:20 N:P:K is required per acre and is applied to the beds.